Tuesday, March 9, 2010

HOLIDAYS IN BARDULIA



HOLIDAYS IN BARDULIA

“Holidays in Bardulia” is a music festival of punk oi music style. Last Saturday was the 7th edition of this festival. Here are some of the groups that played in the festival:
Herri Guda which is composed by 5 young members from Beasain (Gipuzkoa). They are 15 and 16 years old.
Birracel was the smallest group because they are only 3. They are from Orereta (Gipuzkoa).
La escoria abunda was another group. They are from Sakana and they are 4, but they had problems and they didn’t play.
Material Rchazado was another group which is composed by 5 members from Arrasate.
Doubling Boys is a group from Hernani (Gipuzkoa). They are 5 but the bassist was ill, so the guitarist had to play the bass. The guitarist had a fissure in his arm, so they only played 4 songs. When they finished the concert, they went to a local bar near the gaztetxe, where some people from Lekeitio hit the man who played the bass. They hit him in the face and a consequence of that was that he was wounded under the eye. Because of that, he got a bruise in his eye. Today, we don’t know the reason of that fight; maybe they were the same people that hit the band Des-kontrol (because they were Nazis).
Hell beer boys, a group of 4 members from Beasain (Gipuzkoa). In my opinion this was one of the best concerts of the festival.
The concert of Aggressive Conbat was also very good with lots of people. They are from Arrasate and they are  4 members.
The last group was Orreaga 778. They are from Hernani and Añorga.
  





Herri guda is a very young band and in my opinion if they work hard, they will be very good in the future. They had a problem in the concert because the electricity went off.
The worst group was Birracel because I don’t like them. Material Rechazado was the 3rd one playing. I liked them, they sounded cool. Doubling boy was the next band, I knew them before the concert but I had never seen them live and I liked them in the 4 songs they played.
I knew Hell beer boys and Doubling boys and I liked them, but in my opinion Hell beer boys were better than Doubling boys. Aggressive combat were penultimate. I had never heard them before and I liked them a lot. Orreaga 778 were the last ones, it is my favourite Basque band. Their concert was good but electricity went off twice and the guitarist broke one chord of his guitar, so he had to change it.

The festival in general was very good and next year, if I can, I will go again! I recommend this festival if you like this kind of music!







No comments: